Photography . . . Travel . . .

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Week in Seattle - Woodland Park Zoo

More from our week in Seattle, June 13 - 19, 2010, this time some images from the Woodland Park Zoo. This is a great zoo, in many ways I think it is right up there with the San Diego Zoo, considered one of the best in the country. With all the last minute stuff we had going on I wasn't sure we would have time for a zoo trip, so I didn't take a long lens. The longest I had was 70mm, hardly first choice for a trip to the zoo. That meant no close up pictures of the animals unless I could get creative or really lucky. I was able to get close to these bears.


These giraffes let me get close as well. I was surprised, as I think they are usually a lot more skittish.


The Northern Trail exhibit has a great brown bear enclosure, and depending on what the bears feel like doing, you can be pretty close to them at times.


The monitor lizard was just on the other side of the glass.


The jaguar was napping.


Click here for more images from our trip to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle on June 15, 2010.
  
Click here for other galleries from our trip to Seattle June 13 - 19, 2010.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.