Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gaslamp Quarter - San Diego DSLR September Group Shoot

The San Diego DSLR Photo Group got together for its monthly group shoot this morning, this time in the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown San Diego. It was foggy until about 11:00AM, so I tried to concentrate on details and other ways of keeping the bright but grey sky out of the shots. Here's an old railing in front of the Horton Grand Hotel.




Whenever you get a group of photographers together they invariably wind up taking pictures of each other taking pictures of  . . . 




The Gaslamp has lots of old and interesting buildings. There are little plaques on many of them telling the history.




No shortage of new architecture either.




A few of us toured the William Heath Davis House, which is the site of the Gaslamp Quarter Historical Society's museum. The house, built in 1850, is the oldest wooden structure in downtown San Diego.








There are many in San Diego who believe that these old buildings are haunted. I'm not so sure, but I think I may have caught some sort of ghost or apparition here in this next shot. It sure does look like there is something, or somebody, there.




Here's an interesting bit of public art, painted on the side of the Horton Plaza parking garage.




Click here to see more images from this morning in the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown San Diego.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.