Photography . . . Travel . . .

Monday, December 13, 2010

La Jolla - San Diego DSLR Group Shoot - December

For this month's Group Shoot for the San Diego DSLR Photo Group we met at the Children's Pool, on the coast in La Jolla just south of the Cove. It was really foggy on Saturday morning, which made for some interesting pictures. We had a pretty good size group turn out, I think about 23 of us made it into the group photo.


The tide was high, the fog was thick, and the ocean was turbulent when we walked out onto the sea wall. There were lots of seals resting on the sand and playing in the waves in the Children's Pool. The fog makes it hard to see the seals on this rock just off shore.






One of my cousins mentioned the other day that I should put more pictures of Heather up on the blog, so here is one of Heather standing on the sea wall. So, here you go Mary, this one is just for you.




There actually were a few people swimming and even diving over at the Cove, just a bit north of here. I doubt that the water was any warmer there.




Even the seals knew where it would be warmer. I didn't have a long lens with me, but with a fair amount of cropping I was able to get this.




Did I mention that the fog was kind of thick?




On our way to lunch we stopped in to the La Valencia Hotel to check out the Christmas tree in the lobby. Finally something colorful.




Click here to see more images from Saturday, December 11th in La Jolla with the San Diego DSLR Photo Group.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.