Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, April 9, 2011

San Diego Botanic Garden - SD-DSLR Monthly Group Shoot

The San Diego DSLR Photo Group held its monthly Group Shoot this morning - at the San Diego Botanic Garden, in Encinitas. These get-togethers are as much a social gathering as they are a chance to get out and shoot some photos. We generally spend the morning wandering around someplace scenic, visiting and shooting as we go.


It had been raining a lot on Thursday and Friday, but we show up for these things regardless. There were a lot of clouds both off shore and backed up against the mountains in the morning when I left the house, but it was fairly sunny at the Garden. It had rained during the night, the plants were still wet, and everything was nice and clean. 








While I was there I met a local photographer who was there by himself, not part of our group. While we were talking a lizard decided to warm up on a nearby rock. The light was pretty harsh, and I didn't have any sort of reflector or flash with me to help balance it out. My new friend was kind enough to loan me his flash for a couple of shots. I'm pretty sure you would not be able to see that colorful blue underbelly on this lizard if I had not been able to use it.




Speaking of blue . . .






All in all it was a pretty good morning, spent walking around a very lush garden, taking pictures with a bunch of friends, followed by a group lunch at a local restaurant.






Click here to see more images from the San Diego Botanic Garden on April 9, 2011.


If you would like to see more images from the rest of the group, click here for the San Diego DSLR Photo Group website.
  
    

1 comment:

  1. I love how you caught the blue belly on the blue belly lizard. The raindrops on the flowers add a bit of whimsy that is nice too.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.