Photography . . . Travel . . .

Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Evening in Balboa Park - SD-dSLR September Monthly Group Shoot

For our September Group Shoot, on Saturday September 10, we met in Balboa Park for a picnic dinner, then wandered off around the Park to shoot some evening photos. These Group Shoots are always a lot of fun. They seem to wind up being as much of social gathering as a photography event. I think most of us spend more time visiting than actually shooting pictures.


Here are a few of my favorites from the night, taken in the Alcazar Garden, a small Moorish-style garden tucked behind one of the museums. There is very little light in the Alcazar after dark, but with some creative flashlight use (painting with light) and an almost full moon popping in and out of the clouds, we had a lot of fun.






It actually was somewhat darker than it appears in this next shot.








Before we went into the Alcazar we spent some time at the Reflecting Pool.




Click here to see more images from Saturday, September 20 in Balboa Park with the San Diego dSLR Photo Group.
    
Click here to go to the San Diego dSLR club website to see what everyone else saw that evening.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.