Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday With The Tigers (and Gharials)

Here are few shots from today at the San Diego Zoo.  I spent the entire 3 hours I was there hanging out with the Malayan Tigers.  There was not much going on for most of the time I was there.  For the first hour and a quarter Tiga just paced around up at the top of the enclosure.  I spent most of my time talking with people, and pointing out how to see her.  Whichever of the other tigers was on the other side of the fence sure had her attention.



Finally she came down the hill.


She wandered around for few minutes, and then went to pond and sat at the base of the little waterfall.



After a little while she went back up to the top of the hill, and stayed there until she went in for the afternoon, almost an hour later.  Danai, the older female tiger, came out next.  It's Sunday, so the keepers put out a rabbit for her.  It didn't take her long to find her Easter bunny.



On my way out I stopped off to check out the Gharials.  There were a whole bunch of them all sitting out on the shore of their pond working on their tans.



Click here to see more images from Easter Sunday at the San Diego Zoo.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.