Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Night Sky Photography

Some friends and I have been doing some night sky photography over the past few months.  Here are some of the results.

These first two are the Moon rising over downtown San Diego in early August of this year, taken from Harbor Island.




Here are few shots of the Milky Way, taken in the mountains of eastern San Diego County. It's actually somewhat late in the year for Milky Way pictures in this part of the world; we'll have to wait for Spring to go at this again.


I think it's nice to have something in foreground on these types of pictures. There are some great old trees up there that make for nice foreground subjects.


Sometimes we bring the foreground subject with us; in this case my Nissan Xterra. I've replaced the interior dome lamps with red LEDs, they make for a nice warm glow in the picture, and save your night vision when out on trips like this.


Sometimes I get into the picture myself - sort of.


Click here to see a few more night sky images.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.