Everyone seems to know the Lemurs of Madagascar, but only some seem to remember the Fossas. Fossas are the dominant carnivore on the island of Madagascar, and one of their favorite foods seems to be Lemurs. At the San Diego Zoo the new Fossa habitat is directly across the walkway from the new Lemur habitat.
That might explain these looks.
Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- Madagascar - Sort Of
- Cheetah at the San Diego Zoo
- Meerkats Waiting for Holiday Festivities
- Convict Lake
- Mammoth Lakes, California
- Inyo Craters - Inyo National Forest, Mammoth Lakes...
- A Walk in the Woods - Inyo National Forest at Devi...
- Rainbow Falls - Devils Postpile National Monument ...
- Devils Postpile National Monument - California
- A Few New Tiger Pictures
- The Alabama Hills - Lone Pine, California
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.