Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wild Animal Park - SD-DSLR January Group Shoot

The San Diego DSLR Photo Group met at the San Diego Wild Animal Park this morning for our monthly group shoot. It was a perfect day weather wise, getting up to the mid-70's. Lots of animals were out, and there were lots of migratory birds as well.


These little owls weren't migrating, but I liked the lighting on the little one in front. It reminds me of "Captain Kirk" lighting. Anyone who has seen the original Star Trek TV shows remembers how they used to put a thin band of light across Kirk's (William Shatner's) face when he was on the bridge of the ship.


Both the owl and this eagle are up on the walkway into the Condor Ridge exhibit, both are behind chain link fences.


This guy was sitting about 6 feet away from me while we were having lunch. The infrared effect was done in the camera. Everyone else was shooting with big long lenses, I had a 35mm lens on the camera, so I decided to try something different.


There were more than just birds out today.




Click here to see the rest of the gallery from today's trip.

1 comment:

  1. Great Stuff Frank. My favorite's the cheetah. Today was a lot of fun. Thanks for hanging out with me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.