On Saturday March 19th the full Moon rising over San Diego was closest it has been to the Earth in 18 years. Depending on which websites you might have been reading, this was going to cause all sorts of mayhem. In the end it turned out to be an easy excuse for a group of friends to get together on the shore of San Diego Bay and hang out visiting while taking the occasional photo. The Moon never quite came out from behind the clouds.
While we were waiting for the Moon to rise we did get a few shots of the Bay and the downtown skyline in the blue twilight.
We were also out there on Friday night, when the Moon rose much earlier in the evening.
Click here to see more images from Friday and Saturday of the closest Moon in 18 years rising over downtown San Diego.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- A Few Images From Sunday in San Diego
- Ring-Tailed Lemurs and Black-Crowned Night Herons
- Experimenting With a New Lens - Late Afternoon Lig...
- Full Moon Over San Diego
- San Diego Skyline from Harbor Island
- Anza Borrego - Fish Creek, Wind Caves and Sandston...
- St. Patrick's Day Parade 2011 - San Diego
- Anza Borrego - Buttes Pass and Borrego Mountain Wa...
- A few shots from the San Diego Zoo
- Evening Photos
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.