I met a few friends from our local photo club at the San Diego Zoo on Sunday morning. Our main goal was to get some shots of the tiger cubs. We saw lots of other great things as well, including the hippos (both regular and pygmy), pandas, gorillas and mandrills - check out the earlier posts just below this one. Here are a few images of Christopher and Connor, who are now about 4 months old, chasing each other around mostly, and basically just acting like a couple of big kitties. They would alternate between chasing around and lounging in the shade.
The temporary fence designed to keep them from getting too close to the cliff edge seems to be doing its job . . . yeah, right. Maybe it's time to take it down.
After a while they get tired and decide it's time for a break.
We had a nice time on Sunday . . . good pictures and some great company to walk around the Zoo with.
Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Sunday, August 14, 2011.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- San Diego Zoo - Tiger Cubs and One Cool Looking Bird
- Mother and Child Bonding - at the San Diego Zoo
- Dinner and Some Clicks - Evening Rambles with San ...
- More Malayan Tigers (and a Mandrill)
- Friday Late Afternoon Walk Around the Zoo
- Malayan Tiger Cubs at the San Diego Zoo
- A Lot Can Happen In 20 Seconds
- A Few More From Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- Sunday at the San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Waterfront & Maritime Museum - SD-dSLR M...
- A Few More Tiger Pictures From Saturday Morning
- Morning Walk Around the San Diego Zoo - Tigers and...
- Chihuly Bridge of Glass - An Evening Stroll in Tac...
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.