Photography . . . Travel . . .

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Much Bigger Cat - Malayan Tiger at the San Diego Zoo

I was reading someplace not too long ago about how tigers hunt. Basically it said they're patient animals, they wait, and something good generally shows up. It's pretty much the same thing with getting pictures of them I think. When I got to the Tiger River area this morning Christopher, one of the two young Malayan tigers, was sleeping on the edge of the 15' high cliff over the upper pond area. 




He wasn't moving much, so I just backed myself up against a post and waited. Over the course of the next half hour or so lots of people would come by, glance at him for a moment (if they even noticed him), mumble something about nothing happening, and walk on. A few would stay longer, and every now and then Christopher would pop his head up for a look around. I was in no hurry, so I just waited, figuring something good was bound to happen.








Christopher and his brother Connor just had their first birthday this past Monday, April 2nd.


Click here to see a few more images from today at the San Diego Zoo.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.