Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Holiday Weekend at the San Diego Zoo - Part 1

I spent both Saturday and Monday of the recent Labor Day weekend at the San Diego Zoo, most of the time with the big cats.

When we first got there on Saturday morning the tiger was napping, so we headed over to see what the other big cats were up to. The Amur Leopards were up and about. 





So were the Snow Leopards.



Orson the big Jaguar was finally in a good spot for a photo.



It was going to be a warm day, and by 10:30am they already had the misters going for the Siberian Lynx.



I was showing some new friends around the Zoo on Saturday morning, and we were able to spend a few minutes "behind the scenes" so to speak with Connor, the Malayan Tiger. I didn't have a chance to pull out a smaller camera, so I had to step back to about 9 feet for my 300mm lens to focus. This was as much of his face as I could get.



Later that afternoon Connor decided to go for a swim. Usually I don't get shots like this, my fixed-length 300mm lens is too long, but this time I had loaned it to one of my new friends, and was using her shorter zoom lens instead.





Click here to see a few more images from Saturday, August 31, 2013 at the San Diego Zoo.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.