Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Labor Day Walk Around the San Diego Zoo

Here are a few images from a short late-afternoon walk around the San Diego Zoo on Monday, Sep 6th.








I've spent a lot of time at the Tiger River enclosure, enough to notice that the average Zoo visitor stays no more than a few minutes, even when the tigers are out and visible. If the tigers are not out they'll generally mumble something and wander off. I just back myself into a corner with a good view and wait - it generally is worth it. On Monday, after waiting well over 15-20 minutes this was still all I saw.




After another 8 or so minutes there was finally some movement.




Another 7 minutes or so and she's finally up for a walk, but she did have to stop and smell the flowers.




Finally.




This one was hanging out just over the hippo pool.




It's hard to believe this is a comfortable way to nap.




The meerkats are always fun to hang out with.




Late afternoon seems to be a good time to check out the koalas, they're actually awake.




Click here for more images from a late afternoon walk around the San Diego Zoo.
  

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Frank. Looks like it was a very productive afternoon. I like 'em all but the water lilies were my favorite. I'm thinking of going to the Denver Botanic Gardens tomorrow, where they have water lillies too.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.