Photography . . . Travel . . .

Monday, February 24, 2014

Connor (the Tiger) Gets a MId-Afternoon Snack

Not much was happening when I got to the Malayan Tiger enclosure at the San Diego Zoo on the morning of Saturday, February 15. After waiting almost three hours, Connor finally walked down the hill and sat on the edge of the cliff looking towards us. We could tell he was watching for something specific, and eventually I was able to spot the familiar face in the crowd that was gathering behind me. She was carrying Connor's favorite mid-afternoon snack - and he had figured that out.


From the edge of the cliff he watched it come flying over the railing and land in the pond below him.


He had to go into the pond to retrieve it, but a couple feet of water wasn't going to stop him. It was all over in about four minutes, but the light that day just happened to be perfect for photos, which made the wait worth it.


He took that big cow femur back up to the top of the hill, and we knew that meant we wouldn't see him again for at least another hour.

Click here to see a few more pictures from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday February 15, 2014.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.