Photography . . . Travel . . .

Monday, May 10, 2010

From Poles to Trolls - And Some Other Things As Well - Balboa Park Sunday May 2

It was the House of Poland's turn to host the Lawn Program at the International Houses in Balboa Park on Sunday May 2nd. I managed to get a few shots of the folk dancers.




After watching the dancing for a bit I stopped in to the House of Norway to see what sort of tasty snacks the Vikings were offering. This time it was little waffle-like things with some berry preserves and cream. I'm sure they have an actual name, and I'm equally sure I have no idea what it is. In any event, they were good.


They also have a cool collection of trolls sitting on a table just waiting to be photographed.



I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the Park. Along the way I met an aspiring young portrait photographer. We talked for a bit, and I let her take my photo for her class project. It was nice to see a young person shooting slide film, especially with an old totally manual camera.


Later I stopped and listened to Mitch, the didgeridoo player who is generally in the Park on weekends.


Click here to see more images from Sunday, May 2, 2010 in Balboa Park.
  

1 comment:

  1. These are great photos Frank. That is the best portrait of the didgeridoo player I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.