A few of us got together for an evening of photography in Balboa Park on Thursday. It was a pretty nice night to be walking around, mild temps and only a little wind.
Anyone who's been to Balboa Park will have noticed by now that all five of the shots above were taken from about the same place. We did get some walking in, so now we'll move on a bit.
It appears that someone has vandalized (maybe "molested" is the better word) El Cid's horse. This actually led to a short but amusing conversation that went something like:
LaRee: "Shouldn't they be blue?"
Frank: "Well, this is San Diego, it never really gets that cold."
We finished up over by the Old Globe theater complex.
The four of us had a nice time walking around talking and taking pictures.
Click here to see more images from Thursday night in Balboa Park, San Diego, including a black & white version of El Cid that looks a lot more normal.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Sea Horses and Jellyfish - Scripps Birch Aquaium
- Ethnic Food Fair at the International Cottages - B...
- An Evening in Pacific Beach
- More Night Photography - Santa Fe Station, San Die...
- San Diego Maritime Museum - Sunday, May 23, 2010
- Sicilian Festival - Little Italy, San Diego - Sund...
- Night Photos in San Diego - this time from Coronad...
- Syttende Mai (17th May) - Norwegian Constitution D...
- Night Shooting in Balboa Park - May 12, 2010
- Sunday Drive - San Diego Backcountry - May 9, 2010
- San Diego Zoo - SD-DSLR May Group Shoot
- From Poles to Trolls - And Some Other Things As We...
- Little Italy & Balboa Park - Sightseeing Around Sa...
- ▼ May (13)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.