Photography . . . Travel . . .

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Night Photography - Santa Fe Station, San Diego - May 25th

I spent a few hours walking around the waterfront and the area around Santa Fe Station in downtown San Diego on Tuesday evening with Rae and Robert. We parked out by the Maritime Museum, had dinner at Anthony's, and just walked around for a few hours enjoying a nice evening and shooting pictures. 




There was an older private coach from I think the 1930's or so hooked to end of the Amtrak train to Los Angeles. Right after I got this next shot a security guard came running out and told Rae and I that it is against some law (he could not be more specific) to take pictures of the trains. He said the buildings and tracks were okay, but we had to have special permission from Amtrak to photograph the trains themselves. Granted, we were on station property, so maybe that was the issue. We moved off to the sidewalk for a while.




This next shot was taken from the sidewalk right after our little chat with the security guard. I can't guarantee that viewing these photos won't make you an accessory after the fact to some sort of heinous crime. My suggestion for anyone viewing these would be to remember that, if the Feds come to speak with you, you have the right to remain silent.



We had not planned to be out breaking any laws, but Heather said it was a good thing that she had stayed home, so there would be someone to come and bail us out if necessary. On the street in front of the train station I took a long exposure shot of the trolley passing by. The exposure was so long that if you look closely you see Rae and her tripod on the other side of the trolley.




Before we went inside the old station itself we got some shots of the San Diego Trolley going through the main station at One America Plaza. This is one of the coolest modern structures in town.




The train station itself is a great old building with lots of tile work both inside and outside.






Click here to see more images from our evening walk around San Diego.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.