Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another Great Saturday at the San Diego Zoo


Bullet the Fishing Cat was alternating between sitting up high on a ledge watching people and cruising around his habitat this morning. He's pretty good at making use of cover.


When I first arrived at the Malayan Tigers they were all in a jumble, and to most people it looked like they were all sound asleep. But with a closer look you can see that mom Mek was keeping a close eye on all the people while her sons napped.




After a while the little guys wandered down towards the pool at the uppermost viewing area. There were so many people in front of me I couldn't see quite what was going on - but something certainly was happening.


I finally got a good look at the Red Panda, but the mid-day sun makes for some pretty harsh lighting.


This guy has some serious tusks.


The Grevy's Zebras were eating when I first got to them.


After a bit they decided it was time for a roll in the dirt.


I stopped in at the Gorillas briefly, but between the glare on the glass and all the people it's tough to get a decent shot.


I'll finish up this group with my usual last shot - the Crested Screamers. These guys are often my last stop on a day at the Zoo - partly out of convenience and partly because they are just such cool birds to watch. They live with the Flamingos in the large pool right by the entrance and exit. I generally stop at one of the benches there to put away my camera before heading out to the car.


It looks like this is my 200th blog post . . . I'm not sure if that really means anything, but it sounds like a lot.

Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, October 29, 2011.
   

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely fantastic series this is Frank! They are all great. Congrats on your 200th blog post. I always enjoy viewing your content.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.