I spent a few hours at the San Diego Zoo on Saturday morning. The Malayan Tigers were busy sleeping, so I moved on to the Mountain Lions, who weren't sleeping.
After quite a while hanging out with the Mountain Lions (aka Cougar or Puma), and visiting with another local photographer, I moved on to the Jaguars to see what the new cubs were up to.
It was pretty warm on Saturday. Mostly the little Jaguar cubs just hung out in the shade, but every now and then they would get up and play - either exploring around their habitat, or wrestling with each other. In the meantime their mother Nindiri just sat in a shady spot watching.
On the way down the Tiger Trail there is a small garden of carnivorous plants. A couple of weeks ago I got a shot of one of the pitcher-type plants. These Venus Fly Traps are in a cluster in front of the larger plants, almost easy to miss.
Click here to see a few more images from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, September 1, 2012.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- Menacing Cat
- More Nice Early Evening Light at the San Diego Zoo
- A Protective Mother Jaguar, A Polar Bear In A Food...
- A Few Images From Last Weekend at the San Diego Zo...
- Reptiles, Birds, Tigers . . . A Few Hours at the S...
- Balboa Park - Night and Day
- Carnivores at the San Diego Zoo - Jaguars, Mountai...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.