Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Some Older Tiger Pictures

It's the pictures that are older, not the tigers - they're fairly young.  I took these back in March of 2009, several months before I started this blog.  At that time there were three young Malayan Tiger cubs at the San Diego Zoo - two females Jin and Seri, and their brother Menderu (and I'm not so sure about the spelling).

One day two of them (probably Jin and Seri) found something to play with, and took it over to a log that used to be perched fairly high above a part of the big pond.  



They played with it for a while, and then it slipped out of their grasp and fell into the pond below.




They jumped down to try to find it, and then the third cub joined in as well.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.