Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, January 24, 2010

San Diego Zoo

So what do you do when you find yourself at the Zoo, and the longest lens you have is 70mm? Look for things you can get closer to, or maybe wait for something to happen. In this case, it was the Flamingo Feeding Frenzy. I just happened to get there right as the flamingos were getting their lunch. Even with such a short lens I could still get quite a few shots, as the birds were charging all over the place.





You can also get pretty close to the reptiles, luckily they're behind glass.








I did crop this next one a bit.





This guy hangs out by the entrance to the Bus Tour. He's real close to the railing.





Since I couldn't get close up shots of most of the animals with the lens I had, I went looking for other things to shoot.





It was nap time for the pandas (this shot was cropped a bit also).





Moonrise was around 11:30 this morning, here's the moon coming up behind an egret.





I probably spent well over half an hour at the flamingo pool when I first arrived at the Zoo today, and I stopped by again as I was leaving. I wound up staying there for another half hour, at least. I think I arrived just in time for the evening Flamingo Races. These birds really do get excited towards the end of the day.





Click here to see more from my afternoon at the San Diego Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.