The storms finally cleared up on Saturday, so after being stuck inside all week I just had to get out for bit. First stop was Point Loma Seafoods for a crab sandwich (forgot to get a picture). Looks like most of the sportfishing fleet is in port.
After lunch I drove out to the Cabrillo National Monument at the end of Point Loma. It was a bit hazy, but still a nice view of the city. Watched several Navy jets landing at NAS North Island.
Also watched an assortment of aircraft taking off.
Here's the old lighthouse.
While I was checking out the lighthouse I saw a Coast Guard helicopter heading out of the Bay at a fairly low altitude. Once he got around the Point and over by the tidepools he dropped down even closer to the surface, obviously looking for something in the surf. He left after a bit, must have been a false alarm. Not a real clear shot, as it was hazy, lots of spray from the waves, and this was shot almost directly into the sun.
Click here for more images from Saturday in Point Loma.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Wandering Around Point Loma
Posted by Frank B. Baiamonte at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Desert Road Trip - Day 1
- Moonlight Beach Sunset
- San Diego Zoo
- Wandering Around Point Loma
- San Diego East County Backcountry - Pine Valley an...
- Balboa Park (San Diego) in Infrared
- San Diego Maritime Museum
- Wild Animal Park - SD-DSLR January Group Shoot
- Anza Borrego - Sat Jan 2, 2010 - The Slot, Buttes ...
- ▼ January (9)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.
That is some great photography plain and simple..Keep up the great work!
Nice work Frank.ReplyDelete