Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, July 11, 2010

MIssion San Luis Rey di Francia - San Diego DSLR July Group Shoot

Saturday July 10th was the monthly Group Shoot for the San Diego DSLR Photo Group. This month we went to the Mission San Luis Rey de Francia, in Oceanside (north of San Diego). The mission was founded in 1798. Unfortunately, most of it is closed off to the public, and no photography is allowed inside the museum or the church. It was also quite overcast, but still bright, so the sky was about as white as the building, making for some pretty boring or ugly shots anytime you included too much sky (like in the shot below).




Since there was so little color, I switched to black & white, and tried to get a bit closer to things.




Reddish bougainvillea leaves take on a real interesting look though a blue filter.






Click here for more images from the San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside, California, on July 10, 2010.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.