Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Arctic Club Hotel - Thanksgiving in Seattle

We stayed at the Arctic Club Hotel for our Thanksgiving week trip to Seattle. The building was originally constructed as a private club around 1917, and has probably the most character of any hotel I've found. We've stayed there in the past, and it is always very comfortable. The staff is great.




I don't generally hang out in bars, but the Polar Bar at the Arctic Club Hotel is a very comfortable place to sit and visit. The food and drinks are good too.








Heather was resting one morning so I took along a walrus for some company.




The food at Juno's is good, one morning I had the french toast. They also serve a particularly good cup of coffee.






The elevator cabs have mirrors on opposite walls, so you get a sort of infinite view of yourself. I didn't notice until after I looked closely at the picture that it alternates between front and back of the head view. I've been working on this shot for a while now (much to Heather's dismay), and finally got one that, with a bit of cropping and straightening, kind of works. I'm still working on one of the two of us.




There is a link to more images from the Arctic Club Hotel in downtown Seattle at the end of the Thanksgiving in Seattle post. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.