Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, November 6, 2011

San Diego Zoo - Saturday, Nov 5, 2011

I spent a good portion of the day wandering around the San Diego Zoo. The air was crisp and clean after a full day of rain. 

Bullet the Fishing Cat was moving around quite a bit, mostly down in the front of his habitat where I couldn't get a picture. Finally we went up on the hill, but he really wasn't staying still at all. I only took one shot. With a bit of help, I think it worked. Bullet has got the whole place to himself these days - at least for a little while. Miri has moved to Oklahoma City, and her replacement isn't due in for a bit. 



There was some really nice morning light down in the Tiger River canyon.


Funani and her son Adhama were swimming around the pool.



Of course I spent some time with the Malayan Tigers. Here's Mek, watching for piece of beef heart. She caught a few of them in mid-air. Anyone who's watched the original Star Trek TV series will recognize this lighting. Whenever Captain Kirk (William Shatner) was sitting in his chair on the bridge they always seemed to highlight him with a band of light across his eyes. 




Mother Mek and son Christopher.




It seems like he's always trying to get his mom's attention.




Here's young Conner.




Here's Danai, the older adult female Malayan Tiger. She was really too close for the lens I was using, and she never stopped moving - so this one's a little different.




Stopped in to see what the Gorillas were up to. Checking the manicure and scratching heads seemed to be the morning agenda.





I think we'll end up this batch with the end of a Polar Bear.



Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, November 5, 2011.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.