I spent a few hours in the very late afternoon and early evening on Sunday wandering around Balboa Park with my new Fuji X-E1 and a couple of lenses. It was bright and sunny, and a little cool, a perfect afternoon for a walk. The Park was crowded with people enjoying the nice weather.
The late afternoon sunlight, especially this time of year, is particularly nice for photographing the buildings.
Just as I was getting back to the car to head home I looked up and saw this - the just about full moon rising in the east. Of course, that meant dinner would have to wait. These shots were all taken hand-held, since I completely forgot that I had my tripod in the back of the car.
One last shot - a family out for an evening stroll, with the Moon rising up above them.
Click here to see more images from my later afternoon / early evening walk around Balboa Park with the Fuji X-E1 and the 18-55mm and 35mm lenses, all shot hand-held, on Sunday, February 24, 2013.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (72)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Balboa Park San Diego - Late Afternoon / Early Eve...
- San Diego Zoo
- Wandering the Backroads of San Diego County - Sant...
- Balboa Park and San Diego Museum of Art - New Asia...
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum and the Gaslam...
- Pacific Southwest Railway Museum - Campo, Californ...
- San Diego Zoo - Jan 20 and Feb 2, 2013
- Happy Lunar New Year - Year of the Snake
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.