I spent about 3 hours at the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, almost all of that hanging out with the Malayan Tigers. Most of the time it was Tiga, the new female. She's about 3-1/2 years old. She's not been here very long at all, but it does seem like she is getting used to her new surroundings. She even went wading in the pool for a bit.
Something has her attention.
Tiga really is a great looking cat. After she went in for the day Conner came out. I only took a few shots of him, and instead let other people get in front of me for a better look.
And now for something a little smaller. On my way out I stopped briefly to see what Bullet the Fishing Cat was up to. It's been a while since I've gotten a decent shot of him. He likes to hide behind foliage and watch people, but several months ago someone chopped down most of the vegetation in his habitat. It's just now starting to grow back.
Click here to see a few more shots of Tiga, Conner and Bullet, from Saturday, March 23, 2013 at the San Diego Zoo.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Design A Perfect Predator
- Easter Sunday With The Tigers (and Gharials)
- Anza Borrego Desert State Park - Some Flowers
- A Few Hours With The Tigers - Saturday, March 23, ...
- Malayan Tigers, Snow Leopards and Amur Leopards - ...
- The New Girl In Town (Malayan Tiger Girl That Is) ...
- Malayan Tigers Connor and Danai - San Diego Zoo - ...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.