I was wandering around the San Diego Zoo last weekend with a few friends, and we happened to spot the Komodo Dragon sitting in the sun, with the wall behind him in deep shadow. The sunlight was being diffused by the dirty skylight over his (her? - I have no idea) head, which made for some particularly nice lighting. They really are beautiful to look at.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- San Diego Zoo - Saturday September 15, 2018
- Sometimes . . . Nothing Happens
- Feeding Time at the Flamingoes
- Cinta - Malayan Tiger at the San Diego Zoo
- Hippos (Mother and Son) at the San Diego Zoo
- Komodo dragon - San Diego Zoo
- Amur Leopard - San Diego Zoo
- Cinta and Berani - Malayan Tigers at the San Diego...
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.