The old Los Angeles Zoo was open from 1912 to 1965 before moving to its current location. I actually remember going to this Zoo as a young child.
I like that they've left many of the old structures in place, and turned it into a family picnic area. Some of the old stairways used by the keepers to get to the back of the grottos are covered in colorful graffiti. They are supposedly fenced off, but there are lots of holes in the fencing. We saw several groups using it as a location for photos and videos when we stopped by on our way home from Universal Studios in April.
Click here to see a few more images from the Old Los Angeles Zoo in Griffith Park.
All images taken with a Fujifilm X100F using the Velvia film simulation.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- San Diego Zoo - June 9, 2019
- Mek Degong - Malayan Tiger - San Diego Zoo - May 2...
- San Diego Zoo - May 25, 2019
- Universal Studios Hollywood - April 2019
- Old Los Angeles Zoo - April 2019
- San Diego Zoo - May 18, 2019
- Lone Pine Road Trip - Day 4 - May 11, 2019
- Lone Pine Road Trip - Day 3 - May 10, 2019
- Lone Pine Road Trip - Day 2 - May 9, 2019
- Lone Pine Road Trip - Day 1 - May 8, 2019
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.
Post a Comment