Photography . . . Travel . . .

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Balboa Park and San Diego Museum of Art - New Asian Galleries

After I finished up downtown at the Chinese Historical Museum I decided to continue with the Asian theme and check out the newly re-opened Asian Art galleries at the San Diego Museum of Art. This section of the museum recently re-opened after having been closed for some time while they completely re-did the galleries. I really like the way they turned out.


Here are a few images from the new galleries. It was pretty dark in there but the new Fuji X-E1 handled it nicely.



I don't normally do a lot of editing to my photos, but on this next one I've jacked up the contrast quite a bit, since the object in the foreground is sitting in a glass case in the middle of the room, and you can clearly see my reflection in the glass on the original version. You can see that version in the gallery linked at the end of this post.


Here's the large statue that is in the background of the shot above.


These next two are a pair of foxes guarding a Shinto temple.



It was pretty nice day in San Diego on Saturday and Balboa Park was jammed with people. I wandered around the Park for a few hours, including a stop at the Botanical Building.


Click here to see more images from Balboa Park and the San Diego Museum of Art from Saturday February 16, 2013.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.