What was originally intended to be just a couple of hours walking around the Zoo this morning turned into quite a few hours hanging out at the Malayan Tiger exhibit. For the all the time I spent there I only got a few pictures, but I had a good time anyway. Up until about last week there had been two tigers out in the mornings, brothers Christopher and Conner. Christopher has now moved on to his new home at the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk, where they've arranged a girlfriend for him. Conner gets to stay in San Diego, and I was told by one of the keepers today that the girlfriend they've arranged for him is now at the Zoo getting acclimated. I felt a little sad to see Christopher go, but in the wild Malayan tigers are solitary, and if this means potentially more cubs, that is certainly a good thing. You can see lots of pictures of the two of them together by scrolling back though earlier posts on this blog.
This next one has a bit of motion blur, and is a bit out of focus too, but in this case I think it still works.
Bullet the Fishing Cat was out in the sun when I went by.
On my way out I stopped by the Terrace Lagoon to check out the ducks in the late afternoon sun. Here's a male and female mallard.
One last stop, a quick lap around the Reptile House, and it was time to head home. I thought the way this snake's head was turned was kind of interesting.
Click here to see a few more pictures from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, February 13, 2013.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Balboa Park San Diego - Late Afternoon / Early Eve...
- San Diego Zoo
- Wandering the Backroads of San Diego County - Sant...
- Balboa Park and San Diego Museum of Art - New Asia...
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum and the Gaslam...
- Pacific Southwest Railway Museum - Campo, California
- San Diego Zoo - Jan 20 and Feb 2, 2013
- Happy Lunar New Year - Year of the Snake
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.