Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Lunar New Year - Year of the Snake

My first thought this morning was to go out and find a snake to take a photo of, sort of like I did with the Year of the Tiger and the Year of the Dragon. The Zoo seemed like a logical choice, but it was cold and raining, and I decided to improvise at home instead.

The photo club that I spend time with in San Diego is doing a Picture-A-Day challenge in February, and I've chosen a theme of Things That Live On The Bookshelf. The idea is to take a picture every day of the month. Not coincidentally, my picture for today involved a snake.


Click here to see the rest of the pictures from the group. I'll be adding one shot each day through the end of the month.

We decided to go out to dinner tonight, and headed over to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, only to find it closed. Plan B was a Greek restaurant that we like. As we came out the door after finishing our dinner we heard a lot noise coming from what turned out to be a little Vietnamese pho shop in the corner of the shopping center. We went over and found this. I had probably the worst camera I own for taking action shots in a dimly lit space, so these are certainly not artistic, or even technically good. The dancers and drummers, on the other hand, were great. The noise level was almost deafening.





We'll have to go back and try the food here some time. Everyone looked like they were enjoying themselves.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.