Last weekend our local photography club met for our monthly Group Shoot at the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in Campo, California. Campo is located about 50 miles east of downtown San Diego, down close to the Mexican border, along the old San Diego & Arizona rail line. The museum is one of the largest operating rail museums in California. The rail line was completed in 1919, the depot was built in 1917.
We rode the excursion train, which consisted of a restored mid-1940's vintage diesel-electric locomotive, a passenger car and a baggage car, from the Campo station out to the Mexican border and back.
The restored railway post office car in the display barn was full of all sorts of interesting details.
This museum is definitely worth the hour or so drive from San Diego. I gave this last shot a sort of old film processing look - it seemed to fit in with the age of the train.
Click here to see more images from our day at the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum on Saturday, February 9, 2013.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Balboa Park San Diego - Late Afternoon / Early Eve...
- San Diego Zoo
- Wandering the Backroads of San Diego County - Sant...
- Balboa Park and San Diego Museum of Art - New Asia...
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum and the Gaslam...
- Pacific Southwest Railway Museum - Campo, California
- San Diego Zoo - Jan 20 and Feb 2, 2013
- Happy Lunar New Year - Year of the Snake
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.