I recently dug out a bunch of old slides that date back as far as 1979 and "scanned" them with a dSLR (by putting each slide on a lightbox and taking a photo of it with a macro lens). Here are few, with links to more.
On a hot summer day in 1984 at the San Diego Zoo, people were feeding ice to the elephants.
A young cheetah hiding in the grass at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, in Escondido, California. Taken sometime in the late 80's or early 90's, shot through a chain link fence.
Taken from the rear seat of a double kayak on San Diego Bay, as the afternoon fog rolls into the Bay, in 1990.
Click here to see more images from this group, mostly from the U.S. and BC, Canada.
Fishing boat sitting in the middle of Xlendi Bay, on the island of Gozo, Malta, taken in June of 1980. The water was so clear that you can see the the shadow of the boat on the floor of the bay. The colors of the Kodachrome slides on these next two shots look as good today as they did almost 30 years ago.
Another Maltese fishing boat, this one at Marsalforn Harbor, also on the island of Gozo, Malta in June of 1980.
The view leaning out the window of a late afternoon train somewhere in central Sicily, June of 1980.
A quiet afternoon view in Interlaken, Switzerland, taken in May of 1990.
Click here to see more images originally shot on slide film while on various trips to Europe between 1979 and 2000.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Another Trip to Anza Borrego - More Sandstone and ...
- Sandstone Canyon, Fish Creek, and the Cactus Garde...
- Cactus Flowers . . . and more.
- Balboa Park
- A Late Afternoon Walk Around Balboa Park
- San Diego Botanical Garden - SD-DSLR March Group S...
- Digging Up Some History - Old Images Scanned
- Flowers, Sand, Rain, Mud, Giant Sloths, Camels, Co...
- Scripps Birch Aquarium and Cabrillo Monument
- Anza Borrego Wildflowers and Off Road Exploring
- ▼ March (10)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.