I spent a couple of nights recently in Las Vegas, attending a mortgage bankers conference at Wynn's newest hotel, the Encore. Like all Wynn hotels, it's a pretty nice place, with lots of good food and amusing things to look at. On Thursday night after my associates had called it a night, I got out my new Olympus Pen E-P2 with 17mm lens and went for a walk. Here's the entrance to Wazuzu Restaurant. We had a great sushi dinner there.
The walkway connecting the Encore Hotel to the Wynn Hotel is a long shopping promenade.
There are some great window displays, some of them quite creative.
There is a water and light show outside of the Parasol Down bar in the Wynn.
I ended the walk at the Lobby Bar in the Encore, and just sat for bit and watched all the people walk by. In Las Vegas that sort of people watching can be every bit as entertaining as going to a show. (No pictures of the people - for 2 reasons: (1) all I had was a wide-angle lens, and (2) that's something you really have to experience for yourself.)
Click here to see more images from the Wynn and Encore Hotels in Las Vegas, 29 September to 1 October, 2010.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (55)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- A Few Shots From This Weekend
- USS Midway Museum - San Diego Bay
- Day Trip to Anza Borrego - Blair Valley - Oct 17, ...
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway - New Hampshire
- Some Fall Color
- Sunday Drive - Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Old Town - San Diego DSLR Group Shoot October
- Mt. Palomar Observatory
- Recent Trip to Las Vegas
- ▼ October (9)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.