I managed to get in quite a bit of variety this weekend, although none of it was what I started out to do. The original plan for Saturday was a trip to Anza Borrego, but I decided against that and headed out to Escondido just before lunch. There were lots of fluffy clouds, and I thought it would be a great day to shoot the Queen Califia Magical Garden sculptures that are behind Kit Carson Park. Apparently they close the place during wet weather, and it had rained briefly earlier in the day. So much for that idea.
After a brief stop to try some shots of the grape vines at Orfila Vineyards, I headed over to the Wild Animal Park. The late afternoon light was great.
Click here for more from the San Diego Wild Animal Park on Saturday, October 30th.
On Sunday I went down to Old Town and just walked around for a few hours, with a stop at the Cosmopolitan Hotel for lunch. Here are a couple of shots from the new Mormon Battalion Musuem on Juan Street.
The Cosmopolitan Hotel, as seen from inside a covered wagon.
Old Town was all decorated up for both Halloween and Dia del los Muertos, which is Nov 1st.
Click here for more from Old Town and vicinity on Sunday, October 31st.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (77)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- A Few Shots From This Weekend
- USS Midway Museum - San Diego Bay
- Day Trip to Anza Borrego - Blair Valley - Oct 17, ...
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway - New Hampshire
- Some Fall Color
- Sunday Drive - Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Old Town - San Diego DSLR Group Shoot October
- Mt. Palomar Observatory
- Recent Trip to Las Vegas
- ▼ October (9)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.