I went back to see the Malayan Tigers and Amur Leopards at the San Diego Zoo on Sunday morning.
I started off with the Amur Leopards, which was a good choice for first thing in the morning. The keepers had put a large plastic tub filled with water in their enclosure, and they seemed to really enjoy splashing around in it. There was basically lots of chasing around, alternating with lots of lying around.
On my way from the Leopards to the Malayan Tigers I made a brief stop to see what the Pandas were up to - scroll down the page to check out a few pictures of the little one playing in a large tub of wood chips.
The Tiger cubs were mostly napping when I first got there, occasionally opening their eyes to check things out.
Something caught Conner's attention at one point (it was a deep growl from up on the hill - either his mother or one of the other adult tigers).
Apparently it wasn't all that interesting.
Once they were sufficiently rested it was time to check out the new toy that the keepers have installed for them.
Their attention span doesn't seem to be all that much longer than Aldo or Calli's. After a while it was back to napping.
Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Sunday, May 20, 2012.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- I Think These Cats Can Tell Time (Or: One Not Very...
- Hanging Out With The Big Cats - Part 2
- Hanging Out With The Big Cats - Part 1
- A Few More Images From The Weekend
- The Presidio and Sera Museum - San Diego
- Happy Mothers Day!
- Old Poway Park - San Diego dSLR Club Monthly Group...
- Nap Time At The Tigers
- Full Moon Rising Over San Diego
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.