Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Protective Mother Jaguar, A Polar Bear In A Food Coma . . . All Sorts of Interesting Things Today

I had a pretty good morning at the San Diego Zoo today. Ran into some friends, met some new friends, got in a good bit of walking, and even got a few pictures I liked along the way. What more could I ask for?

When I got to the Polar Bears my first sight was of this one, pretty much out cold on top of a ledge, drooling. I recognized the little orange bits - these bears have developed quite a taste for carrots.


When I moved around to a different angle I could really see what was going on - food coma . . . massive carrot overdose - and one out-cold Polar Bear.


Meanwhile, over at the Jaguars, the cubs were napping. One was way up on top of the highest rock ledge, pretty much out of sight, while the other was on the ground back up against the fence. One very protective mother was resting nearby, but never quite letting down her guard.


Here are a few more of the Jaguars. The little cub looks almost friendly, but I'm sure a certain amount of blood would be shed by anyone trying to get too close.




There is a new little butterfly garden near the entrance to Elephant Odyssey.


I walked past the Grevy's Zebras on my way too and from the Jaguars.


I spent a fair amount of time at the Malayan Tigers, but didn't get many shots. 



Click here to see more images from the San Diego Zoo on Saturday, September 29, 2012, including an assortment of birds and lots more of the Jaguars.
     

1 comment:

  1. I sure enjoy your images from the zoo Frank. This is another nice series!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.