Photography . . . Travel . . .

Monday, September 3, 2012

Balboa Park - Night and Day

I made a couple of visits to Balboa Park over the long weekend.  On Sunday I went down there after dinner to practice a bit of night photography. It was a beautiful evening for a walk around the Park.  I was hoping for some clouds in the sky, but the great display of clouds that started out the morning were pretty much all burned off by late afternoon.




The Reflecting Pool in Balboa Park has been cleaned up and restored after the recent vandalism, and is back to doing what it does best - reflect the images of the surrounding buildings.



On my way back to the car I ran across this cool looking red motor-scooter.  A passing car's headlights were timed just right for me to get a shot.


On Sunday I went back to Balboa Park, this time to take Heather to see the Pastranna Tapestries exhibit at the San Diego Museum of Art.  We also spent some time just wandering around the Park.  We found this bust in the German Expressionism exhibit.


The San Diego Museum of Art building is itself a work of art. 



We wandered around the Park, checking out the people and the architecture.


Eventually we found our way to the Zoro Garden. The stone grotto was originally built in 1915, in 1935 at the California Pacific International Exposition it was the site of a nudist colony.  Most recently it's the site of a butterfly garden. 


Click here to see a few more images from Balboa Park on the evening of September 2, and the afternoon of September 3, 2012.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.