Heather and I returned to Seattle last weekend, but this was a rather short trip. Not counting time going to and from the airport, we were there all of about 24 hours. We stayed at our favorite hotel - the Arctic Club Doubletree in downtown.
This is the hotel with the walrus theme (including some amazing carved walruses in the stonework around the 3rd floor exterior of the building).
There is also a walrus in every guestroom.
The Arctic Club is a particularly nice place to hang out when it's cold outside - which it was last weekend (at least by my standards). The building was finished in 1917, and still has the feel of an old club.
I shot this next one on Sunday morning when the Polar Bar was empty. On Saturday night it was hopping, with both a wedding and a private party going on, plus a few people just wandering in.
We stepped out the door of the hotel on Saturday night on our way to dinner, and saw the partial moon rising near the Smith Tower across the street.
No trip to Seattle would be complete without some really good coffee - in this case a double espresso to go with my almond croissant at Il Fornaio.
We had a nice dinner at Chinook's at the Fisherman's Terminal.
One more cup of coffee on Sunday morning, and it was time to head home.
I wound up in a window seat on the left (driver's) side of the aircraft. As we descended into San Diego I had a great view of the north San Diego County coastline, and right about the time the flight attendants were telling everyone to put all their electronic devices away I caught a glimpse of the shadow of our aircraft on the clouds below us. By the time I got my camera out (trying not to let the flight attendants see me) the clouds were breaking up, but I still caught part of it. You have to look closely, but it's there - surrounded by a circular rainbow of sorts in the cloud.
Click here to see a few more images from Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21, 2012 in Seattle and from the plane on the way home.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- A Very Short Trip to Seattle - With a Night at the...
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - US Navy Blue Angels
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - F/A-22 Raptor and P-51 Her...
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - F/A-18 Hornet and AV-8B Ha...
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - Marine Air-Ground Task For...
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - Patriots Jet Team
- Miramar Air Show 2012 - Celebrating 50 Years of Ma...
- Saturday At The Zoo
- Seattle In September - Kubota Garden
- Seattle In September - A Narrow Bridge With a Grea...
- Seattle In September - Great Northern Railway and ...
- Seattle In September - Chihully Garden and Glass
- Seattle In September - Boeing Museum of Flight
- Seattle In September - Japanese Garden at Washingt...
- Seattle In September - Washington Park Arboretum /...
- Seattle In September - Hiram M. Chittenden Locks a...
- Seattle In September - Around Town
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.