Photography . . . Travel . . .

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Seattle In September - Around Town

We spent the second week of September wandering around the Seattle area. Here are a few random images from around the area, and I'll follow this post with a few others that focus on more specific locations.

One of our first stops was the International District to meet some old friends for dinner. We went to Maneki, a family-style Japanese restaurant that has been there for over 100 years. We had a rather large assortment of items. I can highly recommend the cod-collars, but really, everything is quite good.



After dinner we walked around the neighborhood as the sun set. At one spot we came across an interesting bit of street theater. I'm not quite sure what this was all about - if anyone knows feel free to leave a comment explaining it.




Day or night, the International District in Seattle is a fun place to wander around. It was a particularly nice evening, and we got a nice view of the Space Needle as we crossed downtown on our way back to Ballard.


I try to carry my camera with me everywhere I go when we travel - you never know when something interesting might show up - even if it only my reflection in a highly polished chrome wastebasket.


We stopped one night to check out the Fremont Troll, who lives under the Aurora Bridge. Yes, that is a real VW bug under his left hand.


As usual, we managed to find some pretty good food along the way, including this shrimp and crab Cesar salad at Chinook's at the Fisherman's Terminal.



We had dessert one evening at Hot Cakes in Ballard. That's a little molten chocolate cake served right out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream. 


The best meal of the trip was on our last night, when we stayed with some old friends in Tacoma.


There's nothing quite like a multi-course Chinese feast made with very fresh ingredients. I was too busy snacking on a really good home-cured salmon filet to take many pictures of the preparation though.


We'll close this one out with a shot of the late afternoon sun setting into the Olympics. Taken from Ballard, looking west across Puget Sound.


Click here to see more images from around Seattle taken during our September 2012 trip.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.