We went to the Scottish Highland Games and Gathering of the Clans on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, but very difficult to get any good pictures. We did get to sample some meat pies, and listen to Scottish and Celtic music. There was a piping and drumming competition, heavy athletics (throwing the hammer and stones, tossing the caber, etc), some Scottish dancing, and our favorite to watch, the sheep dog trials.
The San Diego Triumph Club had a few cars lined up in one corner, including these 4 beautifully restored TR-3's.
The only decent picture I could get of a bagpiper was this one at the dance competition. It's hardly creative, being centered like that, but it will have to do. At least one shot in this post will have a Scottish look. As for shots of the dancers, operator error on my part pretty much made everything there unusable.
The sheep dog trials were fun to watch. The dogs were great, and sheep looked almost crazed.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (82)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Scottish Highland Games - Vista, CA - June 26, 201...
- A Week in Seattle - An Evening in Tacoma
- A Week in Seattle - Kubota Garden
- A Week in Seattle - In the Mountains
- A Week in Seattle - Woodland Park Zoo
- A Week in Seattle - Pike Place Market
- A Week in Seattle - Around Town
- Encinitas - San Diego DSLR June Group Shoot
- Portuguese Navy Tall Ship N.R.P. Sagres in San Die...
- A Good Day at the San Diego Zoo
- ▼ June (10)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.