We had a little break in the storm this afternoon so I drove down to La Jolla to see if I could get some shots of the baby seals at the Children's Pool. It was raining when I first arrived, but I waited in the car for about 1/2 an hour and then it cleared up for about 45 minutes before getting dark again. There were lots of seals hauled out on the beach, and several of the young ones - even a couple of little ones playing in the surf with mom.
This one seemed to be having a great time rolling around in the sand.
Mom and baby playing in the surf.
There were lots of gulls and pelicans out too.
This one was getting a bit too close I think.
Here's one coming in for a landing on the sand. That's the sea wall in the background.
The pelicans seem to like flying in formation. This reminded me of seeing the Navy aircraft flying in front of the downtown skyline 2 weeks ago.
Click here to see more from my afternoon in La Jolla at the Children's Pool.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- A Sunday morning walk around the San Diego Zoo
- Baby seals and some flying birds - A few hours at ...
- Calli the Cat
- I took an old friend for a walk around the Zoo tod...
- A Few From Sunday - the Presidio and a Nice Sunset...
- A Few More From The Centennial of Naval Aviation
- Centennial of Naval Aviation - San Diego - Feb 12,...
- Some Recent Flower Pictures
- Balboa Park and Waterfront Evening With Friends
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.