I spent some time wandering around the Presidio on Sunday. To many people it's one of the most recognizable places in San Diego. The building is often confused with the San Diego Mission, which is actually a few miles away, and this building is no where near as old. The Presidio hill was the site of the Spanish military commander's headquarters, but this structure was built in 1929 as a museum, which is what it is still today.
Click here to see a few more images from the Presidio.
After I finished up at the Presidio on Sunday I drove north to La Jolla to see what I could find, and wound up at the Salk Institute just as the sun was setting.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- A Sunday morning walk around the San Diego Zoo
- Baby seals and some flying birds - A few hours at ...
- Calli the Cat
- I took an old friend for a walk around the Zoo tod...
- A Few From Sunday - the Presidio and a Nice Sunset...
- A Few More From The Centennial of Naval Aviation
- Centennial of Naval Aviation - San Diego - Feb 12,...
- Some Recent Flower Pictures
- Balboa Park and Waterfront Evening With Friends
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.