What used to be a 60-acre reservoir area to control water for rice cultivation at Magnolia Plantation is now the Audubon Swamp Garden. The area is a maze of boardwalks, bridges and dikes. We spent some time here late in the afternoon after the wedding.
Much of the water was completely covered with duckweed.
There is an amazing variety of plant and animal life here, and lots of well-placed signs to explain it all.
Click here to see more images from the Audubon Swamp Garden at the Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, South Carolina.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2017 (64)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- More Baby Jaguar Pictures - San Diego Zoo
- Minneapolis - You Betcha!
- Sunday Morning at the San Diego Zoo - Baby Jaguars...
- A Short Visit to Aiken, South Carolina - Horse Cou...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 9 - Fort Jackson ...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 8 - Savannah, Geo...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 7 - Hunting Islan...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 6 - Old Sheldon C...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 5 - South Carolin...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 4 - Charleston Gh...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 3 - Audubon Swamp...
- Exploring the Low Country - Part 2 - Magnolia Plan...
- Exploring the Low Country of the Southeast U.S. – ...
- Baby Jaguars At The San Diego Zoo (And Some New Sm...
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.