Photographers are (or should be) always paying attention to the light on a scene, not just the quantity, but more importantly, the quality of the light. We caught some particularly good light at the Malayan Tiger enclosure at the San Diego Zoo on Sunday morning. It didn't last very long, but we took advantage of it while we could. Here's a sequence of Connor walking towards me. The time stamps on the images say that this took less than 2 seconds.
Earlier that morning, while it was still overcast, he posed on the edge of the cliff for us.
Connor was out all day on Sunday, instead of the previous half-day shifts. It's going to be a little different around there now, as Danai, the Zoo's older female Malayan Tiger, died last Wednesday. She was a beautiful animal, with lots of character, and she will be missed. Danai would have been 20 years old this month.
Click here to see more of Connor the Malayan Tiger from Sunday, October 13, 2013 at the San Diego Zoo.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Happy Halloween
- Ducks, Flamingos and Crested Screamers - San Diego...
- San Diego Zoo - Oct 19 & 20, 2013 - Tiger, Leopard...
- A Little Different View of an Egret
- Up Close With An Amur Leopard
- Connor (the Malayan Tiger) in Some Really Nice Lig...
- Birds - San Diego Zoo
- Fishing Cat and Amur Leopard in the Sun (and some ...
- Golden Eyes - Tiga the Tiger
- Connor, Malayan Tiger - San Diego Zoo
- Connor Poses For Us, and Tiga Lounges In The Pool ...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.