I'm sure I've mentioned before how Tiga, the Malayan Tiger at the San Diego Zoo, has beautiful gold eyes. Here are some recent images from Sunday September 29 that really show them off.
In this next shot Tiga was intently watching to see where the keeper was going to toss her mid-morning snack, a big cow femur bone.
It wound up, intentionally, in a couple feet of water, and Tiga had to go in and get it.
It didn't take her long at all.
Later in the afternoon, after Tiga went in, Danai came out. I didn't get many pictures of her, and she's moving kind of slow these days. She'll be twenty years old this month.
I also managed to get a shot of Bullet the Fishing Cat on my way out on Sunday late afternoon. I've not seen him in a while. This time of year has some of the best late afternoon light for both the tigers and the fishing cats.
Click here to see a few more images of Tiga and Danai, female Malayan Tigers at the San Diego Zoo on September 29, 2013.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- Happy Halloween
- Ducks, Flamingos and Crested Screamers - San Diego...
- San Diego Zoo - Oct 19 & 20, 2013 - Tiger, Leopard...
- A Little Different View of an Egret
- Up Close With An Amur Leopard
- Connor (the Malayan Tiger) in Some Really Nice Lig...
- Birds - San Diego Zoo
- Fishing Cat and Amur Leopard in the Sun (and some ...
- Golden Eyes - Tiga the Tiger
- Connor, Malayan Tiger - San Diego Zoo
- Connor Poses For Us, and Tiga Lounges In The Pool ...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.