The Cabrillo National Monument grounds close at 5pm, so there are only a few weeks during the year when you can be at the Point Loma Lighthouse at sunset. This year I've managed a few trips to watch the sunset so far. These images are from December 3rd and 13th.
As the sun gets low in the sky the lighthouse is bathed in golden light.
It turns out I was not the only one with the idea that this would be a great place to watch the sunset from.
As the sun goes down the sky to the northeast looking out towards the City of San Diego picks up some color as well.
As I was heading to my car I noticed that they had a light on in the lantern at the lighthouse.
Click here and here to see a few more images from the Point Loma Lighthouse at Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego.
Photography . . . Travel . . .
- Frank B. Baiamonte
- San Diego, California, United States
- About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.
- Cinta - Malayan Tiger
- Connor the Malayan Tiger
- Mission San Diego de Alcala
- Point Loma Lighthouse at Sunset
- Malayan Tigers - San Diego Zoo
- Cinta and Berani - Malayan Tigers
- Thanksgiving Day Breakfast with Connor the Tiger
- Malaysian Fishing Cat - San Diego Zoo
- Big Cats and Little Cat - San Diego Zoo
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (43)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (79)
- ► 2012 (123)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ► 2010 (99)
All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at email@example.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage.
Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.