Photography . . . Travel . . .

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Little Italy & Balboa Park - Sightseeing Around San Diego

Today was a perfect day to wander around San Diego. I started out in Little Italy, with a visit to the Saturday Farmer's Market, the camera shop, and some lunch. There were a lot of people out and about, which is pretty normal for a Saturday in Little Italy.










I found this great looking little Vespa parked in front of one of the restaurants.




There is a lot of color in Little Italy.




Some of it is perhaps a little gaudy . . .  okay, so I'm trying to be nice here.




After lunch (which was nothing special, so I won't mention where I ate this time), I made a quick stop in the church on my way to my favorite gelato place.




Pappalecco, on the corner of State and Cedar, has great gelato and great atmosphere. They make really good espresso too.




From Little Italy I drove over to Balboa Park.  It was the second to the last day of Art Alive, an annual event where the San Diego Museum of Art is filled with floral arrangements, many of which mimic the artworks.








As you can see from this next shot, and several of the ones above, I spent some quality time with my fisheye lens today. There's just something about a 180-degree diagonal field of view that opens up a bunch of possibilities.




All in all it was a pretty nice day to outside in San Diego. These last 2 are from the International Cottages area. The late afternoon light in Balboa Park is always nice.






Click here to see more images from today.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
About me . . . When I'm not working I like to be out exploring and photographing. I do this blog just for fun, and to be able to share these images with friends. I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Blog Archive

Followers

All of the content and images on this site (c) Frank B. Baiamonte. If you would like to use any of these images please contact me via email at frank@frankbaiamonte.com to discuss terms of usage. Note that images from the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are not available for commercial usage. You can also see more on my Instagram page @frankbaiamonte.

Header image: Cibola National Wildlife Refuge, Cibola, Arizona. End image: Downtown San Diego, California skyline from Coronado Island. Profile picture: Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho, by Heather Baiamonte.